Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge - Metallic.


Hey Everyone.. It is that time of the week again... Yep, you guessed it Mish Mash Challenge.  Today's theme is metallic. 
This had me thinking a lot of what to do.  What did I have that was metallic.  I did not want to use a conventional metallic nail polish.  I wanted everyone to make sure that they knew this was metallic.  

The most metallic thing I own are foils. I was reluctant because I had tried them a time or two before and I don't know if I was doing something wrong or if I was just impatient.. 
I must say that I decided to go ahead and take my time. I know the last times I did it and failed I had topped the foil off with top coat.. What a bad idea, the top coat made the foil crinkle and it ended up looking hideous. 
Foils are also almost  one day use.  If you scratch the surface it will scratch the foil off.  With that being said, I only did one hand and then removed the foil.  I was only going to work and I know it would scratch off, so I didn't bother wasting any more of the foils

The pictures below are foils from Ciate.  The silver is anyway.  I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the collection.  The purple was something I picked up from Walmart.  Is it from Kiss?  They brought out a whole line of nail art things..  I divided the colors with matching stripe tape.  NO TOP COAT =)

Here we go ...
Florescent lighting. 



These next photos are in direct sunlight. 







Foils really are pretty. I only wish that they made them more durable and scratch resistant lol. 
Thanks for looking.. Don't forget to check out the other ladies wonderful metallic manis as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment